Wednesday, September 17, 2008

a new love


Over the weekend I made the most lovely discovery...the world of polymer clay. at first my interest was out of necessity, and now it has become an addiction. We will be teaching a class on this crazy clay, so I was in charge of testing it out. At first I was reminded of Carol Duval, anyone without a 9-5 and a lot of free time on their crafty hands will know exactly who I am speaking of. Carol is the queen of sweet eyed little polymer clay creatures of all sorts, to the point of making me cringe. Don't get me wrong I was a devoted viewer while I maintained my evening restaurant job, but the clay people, cats, whatever just gave me cutesie rage! So to my delight I am learning the amazing world of polymer clay is more than these things. I have posted a few images of my dabbling.





I hope to create some more flawless flowers
for etsy (www.designbyjen.etsy.com) in the near future.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love them! Spotted the shot on your flickr...so cool! I especially love the owl. =) Hope you had a great birthday!!

Samantha said...

loooove the owl!!